Friday, May 9, 2014

Saisa: Track and Field

This years Track and Field season has come to an end. I am so sad to not be staying after school to practice anymore. Overall this was a great season, not just for me but for my team as well. To end our season we traveled to Chennai, India for the annual Track and Field SAISA Tournament. Our team worked really hard and gave it our all on every one of our events. Overall our team placed 4th out of the 7 international schools there. Which is an improvement from our 5th place last year. I think the feat that gave us a huge advantage was that us 15-19 year old boys placed first place out of our whole age group! We did this through winning both relays (4x100 and 4x400) and I participated in each one! Through these two events, we had to work collaboratively with each other because our hand offs had to be exact and on point each and every time or else we would  lose valuable time that could prevent us from placing. I met alot of really good people over this SAISA Competition and i really enjoyed competing. I cant wait to do it again!
Me, Nikita, Dylan and Coach Sue. Right after we won our 4x400m relay race!

The OSC U19 boys 4x400m Relay Team standing on the 1st place podium where we received our gold medals!

The OSC team running a victory lap at the end of the tournament! The boys U19 4x100m relay team was leading the lap because we just won our second relay! 

Me recieving my silver medal for my 800m run! I am shaking the hand of the first place winner!

Me sprinting my 200m race!

No comments:

Post a Comment