Monday, October 27, 2014

Local Volleyball Tournament: Event Crew

This past weekend our school hosted a mini volleyball tournament with 3 other local schools. For this two day event we had an event crew of 4 people. My job was to make sure that the judges were all set up with their screenshots and everything. To do this, I had to work collaboratively with others because I had to go to each of the teams and make sure that I have their rosters so that I can fill in the the score sheets. I also had to work with my team because each of us had a different responsibility to ensure that the event went smoothly. Throughout the day I was taking initiative by always doing my job and even other people's when they were not. On the second day of the tournament, I was all alone due to the fact that everyone else had other commitments. So i undertook this new challenge but I also showed perseverance by not giving up when a problem arose.
This was a good experience because it taught me how to manage an event all by myself but it also taught me the importance of team work and having a team.
Ravin and I during the volleyball tournament!

No comments:

Post a Comment