Monday, March 2, 2015

Track and Field: ISAC

This past weekend, our track team participated in the International Schools Athletic Championship held in the Sugathadasa national Stadium. For the tournament, I competed in three different events: 800m, 400m and shot-put. For my first 800m race, I came 3rd place in my heat with a time of 2:14 minutes (2 seconds short of my personal best). And I made it into the finals. My next event was shot-put. I have never once competed in shot-put in my life so this was a good experience for me. I did not do so well in terms of the competition but I did well in terms of my personal best. I threw a 7.1 meter throw which is my current personal best. To conclude my first day, I had to run the 800m final. This was very nerve wracking for me but I used that nervous energy and used it to run. I cam third place overall with a new personal best of 2:11 minutes! This made me very happy because I not only placed top three, but I also got a new personal best! My next event was on the second day of the tournament and this was the 400m. For my first run i placed 4th in my heat and so I did not think that I would make it to the semi finals. But i did! This was great news for me! So a couple hours later I had to run in the semis. In this run I ran my personal best with a 55:84 seconds! And that put me through to the finals! I was very pleased with my performance because i did not think i would make it to the semis yet alone the finals! The next and last day of the tournament I had my 400m final. I was more nervous for this race than I was for the 800m final. I ended up coming 5th place overall for the 400m which I am very pleased with!

This was a very good experience for me because it has prepared me for our end of season SAISA tournament and im hoping that I can continue to strive and beat my personal best.



This was during my 800m finals where I came third overall!!

This is me running in the 400m semi-finals!


























No comments:

Post a Comment