Monday, April 20, 2015

SOS Village: Final Service Trip

Last thursday, my service group traveled out to the SOS Village and visited with the kids. This was a very fun experience for me; since I have already visited the village, I did not need to take a tour and instead I just played with the kids. We started by playing a cricket match, OSC vs SOS. This match was so much fun because all of the kids were really enthusiastic and happy while playing. And they ended up beating us! After the cricket match I went to play some football with some of the kids and i showed them some tricks and they all loved it. After we all were finished playing games at the village, we had to say goodbye. For me, it was goodbye forever. This was a very heartfelt moment because I have spent this whole past year developing my relationship with Maric and Ishara and to say goodbye to them, that was very sad.
I will always remember and cherish the times I spent playing and getting to know these kids and hopefully one day I will be able to return to the village and see them once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment